Sunday 22 February 2015

Evora people . . .

. . . well, strictly speaking, one local person, Pedro, who runs the Old Evora Hostel and who has promised me a photo in the morning . . . he seems to be doing his thing, looking after the guests, proud of his city . . . I ask him about the Portuguese view of the foreigners who have come and settled over the years, their separate lives. He says that the Portuguese are a tolerant people and like to live peacefully with whoever comes . . .

At breakfast I meet Benedicte, or Bene, 24, from Brittany . . . a graduate of fine art, who has been travelling in India for some months, including Auroville and is interested in new ways of living . . . and is planning a creative project in Toulouse . . . a good resonance and connection and we eat lunch and supper together, sharing ideas along with the food and wine.

Last night I had a four bed dormitory to myself; tonight it is booked and I move to the six bed one, which is also full, and the other five folks appear to be female. The perils of hostel life . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment