Friday 10 October 2014

Getting into the zone ...

First stop - a three day retreat at the beautiful Krishnamurti Centre near Winchester, Hampshire ... space booked, train booked ... Monday 3rd November is the day ...

I grew up less than an hour's drive from here and Krishnamurti was at Brockwood Park frequently in those days .... though I knew nothing about him, even when studying alternative education systems in the early 70s ... A.S Neill was the guru then and Summerhill the inspiration ... my own schooling was classical conditioning at Wimborne Grammar, which I escaped before completing the brainwash and set off on my travels to see the world outside and explore the world within ...

Last year I came across the work of Krishnamurti and paid a couple of visits to Brockwood Park ...the school is based in the old house, the centre was only finished after K's death in 1985 ... he planned it without icons or symbols, but based on sacred architecture and with easy flow from simple accommodation to tranquil meditation room to library for study to lounge for discussion and dining room for refreshment .... plus the gardens and surrounding countryside for fresh air and exercise ... this visit will be self-programmed around those elements .... should get me in the zone for the wander south ....



No comments:

Post a Comment