Friday 28 November 2014

San Miguel . . .

. . . a kilometre outside Villatuerta is the 13th century hermitage of San Miguel . . . I go inside, meditate for a while . . . give thanks to San Miguel for his protection . . .

. . . a few years ago I met Susie Warburton . . . she sees angels . . . she and her husband, Chris, both Oxford graduates and radical Christians, moved into a challenging part of Walker, Newcastle, to live, bring up their two daughters . . . they also have a cabin in the countryside . . . their retreat . . . I meet them there . . . we eat . . . Susie offers a reading . . . Angel cards . . . first: your children are blessed (I am grateful . . . don't pursue the question of which children may or may not be blessed or why); second: your relationships are a reflection of you (sound psychology); third; wild wide open spaces; fourth: your Guardian Angel is Archangel Michael . . . San Miguel . . . earlier this year, a friend in Stanhope, Denise, confided that she had a gift of seeing spirit . . . she didn't tell people usually . . . next time I saw her she said: you know you have someone looking after you . . . yes, Michael . . . she jumps . . . how do you know? . . . I see a Michael, she says . . . I explain . . .

. . . when I was twenty, I found myself in Washington DC, after a summer on Camp America . . . staying with a friend I met there . . . wandering around, heading back to his house late in the afternoon, through a park, beside a road . . . a car pulls up . . . a young woman driving . . . get in the car, she says . . . I get in the car . . . do you know how many people have been killed in this park, she asks . . . are you crazy . . . or English . . . er, so why have you picked me up . . . I just felt something was wrong . . .

. . . there are other stories, for another time . . . not rational evidence maybe, but surely a possible explanation . . . if you believe in angels . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment