Saturday 29 November 2014

dry writer . . .

. . . last night I considered options for today . . . stay . . . see Estella . . . write . . . or press on to Los Arcos . . . only 20 km . . .

. . . only three sleeping here last night . . . Du Yeol from Korea, Alexander from Germany and me . . . Alex and I eat in the bar . . . I wander down to Estella . . . a good ambience . . . a good night's sleep with no snoring . . . and this morning, heavy rain . . . no need to toss a coin . . . wet pilgrim or dry writer is an easy choice . . . I will face the rain one day for sure, maybe snow before Santiago . . . just not inclined to start the day in heavy rain . . . Fina is kind . . . offers cafe con leche . . . how much . . . it's free . . . thank you . . . people come and go to the bar . . . Patxi, Joaquin from yesterday greet me . . . my Spanish slowly improving . . . perhaps time to download Duolingo in Spanish . . . I have it in Portuguese . . .

. . . last night in the pelota court there were thirty or so children playing football . . . this morning a group of men with learning difference, mostly Downs Syndrome are playing . . .

. . . reviewing the blog from the beginning I see the need for some editing . . . there are inconsistencies . . . parallell posting on Facebook sometimes duplicating, sometimes not . . . unsure which of my readers are reading which, both, when . . . FB has its merits . . . more reach and I post the link to the blog from time to time . . . in the end it doesn't really matter of course . . . it's just the ramblings of an old walker/writer/father/lover/friend/pilgrim/philosopher loving his brief human incarnation in the decades between the 20th and 21st century of linear time . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment