Friday 7 November 2014

freedom from the known . . .

. . . a topic of conversation with reference to this journey as well as a book by Krishnamurti . . . and the journey is delivering . . . when I first imagined the trip to the Rio Dao, I thought to visit my big sister in Dorset and my little sister in Brittany, then head down the west coast of France . . . and a dear friend in Southampton was added to the plan . . . none came about . . . today's idea was to take the bus to Poole, then onwards to Exeter, with some coast path walking in between . . . my bus pass allows me free travel after 9.30 am and the Poole bus left before that, so I took the Bournemouth express and set off walking along the promenade towards Sandbanks . . . a strong south westerly wind was warm and in my face . . . inspired by the walk, I recalled happy days at Studland and decided to take the chain ferry across the Poole Harbour opening and walk to Swanage . . . rounding the Haven Hotel I saw no boat . . . it was being refurbished, the service suspended . . . so, a bus to Poole and another as far as Lyme Regis . . . wandering, watching the full moon rise over the bay . . . spotting shelter in case accommodation was not available . . . then, at a 17th century house in the centre - vacancies . . . a friendly and slightly eccentric landlady . . . breakfast early and a walk along the cliffs . . . then the bus again . . . maybe aim for Plymouth tomorrow and Santander Sunday . . . the France bypass via the Bay of Biscay . . . though the journey may have its own ideas . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment