Wednesday 12 November 2014

Bugarach

Near Limoux, in the foothills of the Pyrenees, is Bugarach . . . a mountain and a village . . . nearly two years ago, hundreds of people gathered here for the end of the Mayan calendar and whatever that might mean . . . a portal was to open on the mountain and take folks off to another dimension . . . or something . . .
So, when Jean-Paul suggested a trip to the Mediterrenean this morning, I said the mountain was drawing me . . . they kindly dropped me at the top of the pass on a diversion to Perpignan . . . after two hours and ten minutes walking I was at the summit, with a glorious view all round . . . the descent was quicker . . . down the steep face . . . two locals on their way up said, be careful, it's dangerous going down that way . . . it was . . . just an hour for the very careful descent . . . no portal to be seen . . .
Loving the hills and thinking about wandering along to Irun and the start of the Camino . . . I put out the intention last year and in Spring this year my friend and neighbour, Neil, did it in five weeks, with his son, Reece . . . let's see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment