Wednesday 17 December 2014

Ruitelan to Triacastela

A head in the clouds day. I expect it is spectacular, but it was drizzle in the dark at the start, low cloud and light rain in the middle and only clearing for the last hour down into Triacastela.

Last week it was heavy snow, so the drizzle is better than that; at least we can walk.

8 hours walking, head down, one foot in front of the other, a brief stop after 3 at a tourist trap called Cerbreiro, where the five from last night briefly re-assembled. I haven't seen them since.

My focus now is on Santiago, in four days. It's 130 km, so if I put in a good 35km shift the next couple of days, I should be there Saturday. That would a month of walking from France. Let's see.

There is an invitation for two weeks Helpx in Andalusia, so I will give the Atlantic a miss and head down to Granada on Sunday maybe. Winter further south sounds good, though it is mild here now.

The albergue is quiet. Three Koreans in one room, me in another. Planning an early start, get five or more kilometres done before daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment